MaxTech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC Help And Information Easy Maintenance And Free Software

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve™
Management

Management
Steve™

Male
Number of posts : 2447
Home : At Home
Humor : If Im Not Back Later... Wait Longer
Registration date : 2007-07-30

TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing? Empty
PostSubject: TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing?   TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi All,

As most of you know, i do a lot of testing, i happened to notice a large number of TCP connections at the Close_Wait 2 status while hosting, so i did some testing,
TCPView shows what aplication has the unclosed connections, making testing easier.

using RSWCS , i noticed a large number of connections built up over night, i would often have anything from 800 to 2,800 of these not closed connections each morning,

using WCS, the same test over night built up between 800 to 2,800 unclosed connections each morning,

using FXS, testing over night i had less than 10 unclosed connections each morning,

using ZCS testing over night i had the odd 1 or 2 unclosed connections each morning,

i didn't test Ouka or Eagle's ES

the only explanation for the high number of them i can find is, possibly people in the room on secondary connection or Robo/WPCC that auto refreshes connections, and maybe the way that RSWCS & WCS connect, it maybe leaving the old connections not closed fully.

TCPView is a Free tool showing you TCP connections.
TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing? Click

Last edited by Max™ on Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added TCPView link)
Back to top Go down
https://maxtech.forumotion.com
Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK
Elite Member

Elite Member
Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK

Male
Number of posts : 43
Home : UK
Humor : Chaos, Panic and Disorder...my work here is done!!
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing?   TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:47 am

Hi Max,

Any chance of getting a screenshot pic of the tcp view for rswcs if poss if not all/any server please? Would love to resolve this in rswcs and having quickly whipped up the tcp for rswcs i have a vague idea whats causing this Smile

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
http://www.therebelion.co.nr
Steve™
Management

Management
Steve™

Male

PostSubject: Re: TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing?   TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing? EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:51 am

well i opened an RSWCS Test Room last night, due to the fact i use ZCS for both current rooms,

there was no dead TCP connections this morning, i guess because there was only my RoboMx in it and my 2 Chat.Net's, there was only the 3 established connections from me,
nobody popped in, so as it had no users connected from outside, so it looks like it is to do with users from outside connections,

no point in a screen shot because all was normal, just 1 dead connection from my ZCS, the 1st one in 3 days and i have between 40-50 regs.
Back to top Go down
Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK
Elite Member

Elite Member
Røçkåfë££ë® §kåñK

Male
Number of posts : 43
Home : UK
Humor : Chaos, Panic and Disorder...my work here is done!!
Registration date : 2008-10-20

PostSubject: Re: TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing?   TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:29 am

On a side note, the new RSWCS i'm working on appears to clear every tcp socket after use with none remaining. This includes cache connections, client connections and the server listening socket.
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.therebelion.co.nr
Steve™
Management

Management
Steve™

Male

PostSubject: Re: TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing?   TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:55 am

That is good news Richy, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing?   TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing? Empty

Back to top Go down

TCPView Showing TCP Connections Not Closing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MaxTech ::  The World Of WinMX Chat :: Server/Client/Bot/Script Help Centre-
Jump to: