MaxTech
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PC Help And Information Easy Maintenance And Free Software

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Solved] Unusual IP Floods When Hosting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Steve™
Management

Management
Steve™

Male
Number of posts : 2447
Home : At Home
Humor : If Im Not Back Later... Wait Longer
Registration date : 2007-07-30

[Solved] Unusual IP Floods When Hosting Empty
PostSubject: [Solved] Unusual IP Floods When Hosting   [Solved] Unusual IP Floods When Hosting EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:57 am

Hi All,

I have noticed some flooding from 1 IP, the same IP with its same port, that tries to connect toy you when you are hosting RSWCS/WCS/FXS

So i tested my theory using PG2 and yes the single IP with its same port, popping up only when hosting, but it doesn't when your not hosting,

The IP is 1.0.0.127 and it always uses port 14223,

I've noticed abnormally high bandwidth usage on the server sometimes, other people have said the same, but once this IP:port was blocked, bandwidth is normal now,

so maybe if hosts wish to add the IP to their firewall's? im not a router expert, but i think its possible to add an IP to a router with a deny access setting, sorry if i am incorrect.

This is NOT your loop back IP that alot of hosts use, it is the wrong way round, so blocking the above IP will not affect your loop back IP.
Back to top Go down
https://maxtech.forumotion.com
Steve™
Management

Management
Steve™

Male
Number of posts : 2447
Home : At Home
Humor : If Im Not Back Later... Wait Longer
Registration date : 2007-07-30

[Solved] Unusual IP Floods When Hosting Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Solved] Unusual IP Floods When Hosting   [Solved] Unusual IP Floods When Hosting EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:41 pm

I've sussed out the problem, almost by accident,

in my Peer Guardian i was showing lots of the 1.0.0.127 floods only when server on,
also in my block list was the media defender IP's same as the block list of the community patch,
removed these and the 1.0.0.127 stopped dead,

so it looks like blocking media defender was causing the 1.0.0.127 issue, how i don't know, but it has stopped now.
Back to top Go down
https://maxtech.forumotion.com

[Solved] Unusual IP Floods When Hosting
Page 1 of 1